7.1.13

Heim | Our shelve.

When we moved into our apartment we had this huge wall in the living room that we had no idea what to do with. After looking at Pinterest for a few days we had the idea to showcase our collections. Both of us are borderline hoarders and we love finding beautiful things. So Marinó went to a hardware store and bought some cheap shelves and we have slowly been putting up things and perfecting the setup.  Here are a few of our favorite things.

1. A Sarangi, a Nepalese string instrument that a friend of ours brought Marinó after staying in Nepal for a while.

2. One Christmas I had no idea what to get Marinó, so I asked him what he wanted and he said as a joke that he wanted a trumpet, so I gave him one. He was super suprised and very happy about it even though he can barely play a tune.

3. My mom gave Ylfa a beautiful matryoshka doll when she came home from Azerbejdzan this spring. 

4. We are slowly building an amazing bar with our roommates.

5. We love books, and I love Moomin. This is our still growing collection of Moomin books (plus a copy of Where the wild things are).

6. My Kron by Kron Kron shoes I got married in are a work of art!

7. An old camera from Marinó's grandfather.

8. My favorite book from my children's book collection, Dísa Ljósálfur. This one is actually the one I had when I was little.

9. Ylfa's shelve.. Books, games and toys she can play with when she's a bit older.

10. This is a matryoshka doll that my mom brought me when she came home from Russia when I was about 3 years old. There is another part of it on the top shelve.


I think I will keep changing it up every now and then but for now I am happy with how everything looks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...