15.2.13

Valentines day.


Happy Valentines day.. yesterday!
Icelanders normally do not celebrate Valentines day. We have different days to celebrate our spouses, but since we are living here now, MarinĂ³ supprised me last night with a bouquet of roses, red vine, cheese and 3 liters of icecream. It was very sweet of him. Ylfa went to bed early and we cuddled on the couch watching Mad Men and me reading my new anatomy book with one eye.
It got me thinking about how fast a year has passed by. Last year I was in Iceland and MarinĂ³ was here in San Francisco. I was staying with my parents waiting for my pregnancy to be over. I thought I had only one month to go, but was hopeful that I might only have two weeks left. Little did I know that I would go two weeks past my due date. There was a knock on the front door and outside stood a man with a huge bouquet of flowers for me, from a "secret admirer".
So much has changed since then. My parents have moved, I moved back to SF and Ylfa was born. It is really hard to imagine how different everything was.
Valentines day 2012 - Eight months pregnant.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...