8.10.13

Long Distance Downer.

For the last two years, me and Marinó have spent a little over 6 months apart, on and off. At the moment, he is in San Francisco tying up some loose ends and trying to earn a little money before the big move to Denmark. It can be challenging and depressing living apart like that, but due to complicated varying circumstances we have had to be away from each other once in a while.
There are moments when I can feel that it does make the heart grow fonder and it strengthens our bond, but this time around - the fourth time apart - has been more difficult. I've been wallowing in self-pity and asking him to come home sooner. I think the main reason this is so difficult is because he hasn't been able to be on the internet as much, to stay in touch by Skype. Ylfa has also been sick and since I am taking care of her by myself, my school work has suffered. He has yet to buy his return ticket, at least he will be here before Christmas.

Well, I really didn't want to make this a whiny post. The main reason I am posting about my husband is not my depression, but that a couple a days ago we had been together as a couple for five years! Five years is half a decade. That is a long time in my mind, but the years flew by. Time really does fly when you're having fun. We've had so much fun, and hopefully will soon continue having fun (come home). During this time we got married, took a roadtrip across the United States, settled in San Francisco, had a cat (miss you Loki), had a baby, travelled, laughed and loved. I love this man with all my heart and can't wait to spend the next five years with him and another five and another five and another five....

I miss you Marinó.

Ps. When I woke up this morning, everything was covered in snow.

I'm wearing a dress from Samuji on the photo. 


2 comments:

  1. Awwww chin up! You'll have Denmark together soon enough but we won't have any of you here with us :( But five years?! That's awesome! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the 5 year mark! Long distance is tough, you guys will be together in Denmark soon and it will be worth the hardship :)

    Emmett - Hippie Lace

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...